Friday, August 22, 2014

Being Unique......


I decided today while at work selling building materials (can you say BORING??) that I was going to come home and make a purple flamingo.  Why?  Because I love the color purple and I love flamingos.  And I just so happen to have a relatively new (only used once) fabulous flamingo stamp and die set by Reverse Confetti.  In fact the name of the set is Fabulous Flamingo. Don't you just love the sentiment, too? I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter on my chipboard frame to bling it up a bit.  Added some sequins, a bit of Bella Blvd washi tape and this baby is done. I think I will give this card to my 6 year old granddaughter because she loves pink and purple.  And I always want her to be HER...the unique one of a kind Abby.

While at lunch today I was surfing the internet and came across the Cutting Edge Blog Hop hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.  There are loads of prizes which would be great to win but I was just so inspired to create something that I thought about it the rest of the afternoon.  Go HERE for all the details and I hope you have some time to create this weekend.


I used this sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap for my card:


I am entering it into their August sketch challenge.  They have some AWESOME sketches for layouts and cards that I am hoping to have the time to play with this month.  You can check their blog out HERE.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today....have a fabulous weekend!!

~~Sandi~~

24 comments:

  1. LOVE the purple flamingo and the sparkly frame is terrific!!! What a fun, fun project!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sentiment and that purple flamingo! Abby is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job with this sketch! I love purple too and this flamingo is a wonderful addition to this lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun with a purple flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! The colors, sentiment, washi tape and frame are all completely fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog post! I enjoyed the quote on the card! I am thrilled that you were able to share your work with us on Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that's the third flamingo I've seen on this blog hop, I really like them

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at SketchNScrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abby will love it and yes I LOVE the sentiment. Good luck on both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That flamingo is great; love all of the colors in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card!! LOVe the purple tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cute flamingo card, Sandi! Fun colors and a darling flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a WONDERFUL sentiment, such wise words for your Granddaughter!!!
    LOVE your BEAUTIFUL purple flamingo card, such pretty layers and well, it's purple, so what more can I say but LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of your prettiest cards. EVER. seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the sketch - very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great message on your pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Sandi! Love the Flamingo and how you incorporated her into the design! Thanks for sharing your wonderful purple flamingo card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at
    Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful take on the card sketch! Love the quote you chose! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the purple flamingo card! You always display your projects beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your take on the sketch and the super flamingo! Thanks for joining us at SNS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. very pretty card!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pink/purple colour combo! Thank you for joining us over at Sketch 'n' Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...