Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy Birdie to You

One of my favorite challenge blogs -- Lawnscaping has a new challenge up to use a new tecnique.  Well I took on that challengewith this card with not one, but two new to me techniques. For the first  tecnique I broke out my brand new Lawn Fawn Hippo Birdie stamp set and matching die set.  I have never stamped and die cut my images before. Using the Lawn Fawn set made it quick and easy although I think I will color my images next time BEFORE I die cut them.
 
The nest new tecnique that I used on this card is embossing paste and a stencil.  I broke open my new jar of yellow embossing paste and a polka dot Heidi Swapp stencil and did a tone on tone yellow panel for my card.
 

I am entering this card in the Lawnscaping Challenge #79
and

 
I used this wonderful sketch from Mojo Monday for this card and am entering it over there as well.
 
 
That is it for now.  Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely, creative day.
 
~~Sandi~~

3 comments:

  1. Love your yellow polka dot background. It really adds a lovely touch to the design! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! Love the hippo image and the bright colors. Wonderful design, too! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute! Way to go with trying two new techniques!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...