Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sending Smiles.....

 
I had fun last night making this card.  I rarely make monochromatic projects but I really love the end result.  Lawnscaping's current challenge was to create a monochromatic project.
 
 
I used this sketch 240c from Pamela's World of Scrap:
 
 
I stamped the sentiment on some cross stitch fabric that I recently picked up for next to nothing at one of my local resale stores.  Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge blog has a challenge this week to stamp on something other than plain paper.
 
I am sending this card to a little boy and his family who could really use some good cheer.  You can read about them HERE.  Can anyone join me in sending a card?
 
Thanks for checking out my blog.  I sincerely appreciate your visits and comments.


6 comments:

  1. What a great card for a special boy. Love the monochromatic look! maybe I will give it a try tomorrow and send a card to him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! From the colors, to the scalloped border to the sentiment and the cause - it's just wonderful all around! Best of luck with the challenges and thanks so much for spreading the word about Grayson! It definitely sounds like some happy mail would be a good thing for their family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card!! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xoxo Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Love the layers and scallop board on the background. The sentiment is great. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card! I love the little wooden airplane! Amazing job!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...