Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cas-ual Friday Sketch card


I  love chevrons and butterflys and decided to use both of them on this birthday card for a friend from grade school.  She was my maid of honor when I married my first husband in the late 70's.  I started a family and she moved to Greece and we lost touch for nearly 30 years.  We recently found each other on Facebook and I was excited to hear that she is living about 3 hours south of me here in Florida.  We are going to have lunch together in May on our way home from our trip to the Florida Keys.

I used the awesome sketch at Cas-ual Fridays this week:



I got so excited when I saw the sketch this morning that I had to work on it right away.  I heat embossed the sentiment and used light green rhinestones for the butterfly bodies.

I am also linking my card up on Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger Watercolor Butterflies.  I drew inspiration from the color pallet and butterflies on this lovely image:

There is still time to be inspired by both of these challenges.  Just click on the blog names for more info.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love the card Sandi! I keep forgetting to ask where you live in FL? I grew up in Fort Myers. Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...